History of Boleslawiec
Boleslawiec first finds mention in 1202 AD. This was perhaps when it first came into being. The town is located in the northwest part of Silesia. Prince Boleslaw Wysoki established it formally in 1251. Thereafter it was under the Bohemian rule in 1392 and in Prussia in 1742, before being part of Poland in 1945 as decided in the Potsdam Conference. The largest contingent of the Soviet Red Army was posted there and remained in Boleslawiec until as recent as 1992. Today Boleslawiec is more famous for its pottery industry, which has attracted worldwide attention.